AOL is a New York based web portal and online service provider, engaged in creation of websites, applications and other products. AOL email has also been used by a number of users across the globe. Using AOL products and services requires you to create an account using an email ID, password and some other information. This email ID and password need to be entered every time you visit the AOL website. And if you forget your password, you can no longer access your account.
Your AOL account’s password is just like the key of a lock. Once lost, you have no other choice rather than breaking the lock. Thankfully, in the case of AOL account, you can reset them by following a series of steps. We will also provide you the steps for modifying your existing AOL password. While resetting or modifying the password, make sure you choose a password that can give your account a complete protection against the hackers. Use a combination of characters, numbers or symbols to make it really tough. So, if you are stuck at the login page and unable to access your account, then follow the below mentioned steps for your AOL password reset:
- Open i.aol.com
- Click forgot password option available under the sign in box
- Provide your AOL username as well as email ID
- Click next
- To ensure the privacy of a user’s account, AOL will asks you to choose one of the below mentioned method for creating a new password-
(i) Reset Password using the Text or the Call on your registered mobile number
(ii) Reset Password via recovery email
(iii) Reset Password by verifying the payment info.
(iv) Reset Password using an another verification option
During this process if another window pops up, asking you to provide your name, age or some other information, don’t panic! AOL may make the use of this opportunity to get some information that has been missing in your account since creation.
If the issue still persists, contact AOL customer support for an immediate help.
Changing/Modifying the AOL account password
- Sign in to your AOL account by entering the registered email ID and password
- To confirm the account, answer the security question if you have set at the time of account creation (So, make it difficult to guess too)
- Type the old and the new password in the account security section
- Click Save to finish the process
Your AOL password should have minimum 8 and maximum 16 characters including upper and lower case letters, special characters and numbers.
Author’s Bio- Sunil renowned technical writer. He mainly focuses on writing the technical content related to the latest updates, antivirus, mobile phones, web browsers and more.