McAfee’s antivirus as well as other security solutions, has been widely renowned for consistent and continuous protection against online threats, frauds, Trojan horses and scams. A user can purchase an antivirus depending upon the specific needs of their home and business PCs. The difference in a number of McAfee antivirus software is based on the level of security a user needs for a particular computer system, laptop or mobile phone. However, there may be some users who require the same level of security for a number of computer systems. To meet this requirement, McAfee has come up with McAfee Total Protection.
McAfee Total Protection, the ultimate identity protection software covers up your whole family under highly advanced online protection. This will help you save money as you need only one antivirus instead of purchasing an individual antivirus to secure every device you own. Other key features of the McAfee Total Protection include the following:
- Password manager for five users
- Anti-spam or Anti-phishing filtering
- Secure file storage
- Personal firewall
- Complete Device Optimization
- Protection for unlimited devices
- Antivirus or SiteAdvisor to ensure safe browsing
- Protection for PC/Mac/Tablet/Mobile Phone
- McAfee file lock
- Parental locks
- Centrally managed
- Malicious app block
- Control network access
Once you purchase and then download the McAfee Total Protection, it requires a series of steps to be followed for its successful installation. And while installing it on your Windows PC, the McAfee Total Protection may display one of these below mentioned messages:
- Unable to continue installation. We are having trouble installing your McAfee software because of this. Error 0
- Something went wrong with the installation. We are having trouble installing your McAfee software. Contact McAfee Support and mention problem code 0.
If you are also facing any of these errors, don’t panic, as this article will provide you a complete solution for troubleshooting this error. T most obvious solution is to retry installing this Total Security. If it doesn’t work, then follow the below mentioned process to fix this error manually:
- Once the error occurs, click ok to close the dialogue box
- Download the pre-install tool and save it on your desktop
- Run the file by double-clicking over the setup file and follow the on-screen instructions
- Click ok to agree the terms and conditions
- Once the installation finishes, restart your device
- Now, try installing the McAfee Total Protection again
Other solutions include:
- Run the McAfee Virtual Technician
- Re-download the installation package
- Resolve the DNS (Domain Name Server) error, if any
- The installation error 0 could also occur if your device specifications are low that the minimum specifications needed to get McAfee Total Protection installed. Check them out carefully and try installing it again.
If the problem still persists, contact the McAfee customer support and get an instant solution by a certified technician.